- As you may guess from the name, the name casei comes from casein. It's origin is in dairy products such as cheese.
Our recommendations are based on the following rules.
- Exact strain number is shown in the supplement facts
- Product of the single strain or one of the strains of a few others
- Best customer reviews with high number of reviewers
- Popular brand and low cost
L. casei sp. Paracasei CNCM I-1518
DanActive Vanilla Probiotic Dairy Drink has L. casei
- Marcos, Ascensión, et al. "The effect of milk fermented by yogurt cultures plus Lactobacillus casei DN-114001 on the immune response of subjects under academic examination stress." European journal of nutrition 43.6 (2004): 381-389.
- Guillemard, Eric, et al. "Effects of consumption of a fermented dairy product containing the probiotic Lactobacillus casei DN-114 001 on common respiratory and gastrointestinal infections in shift workers in a randomized controlled trial." Journal of the American College of Nutrition 29.5 (2010): 455-468.
- Guillemard, E., et al. "Consumption of a fermented dairy product containing the probiotic Lactobacillus casei DN-114 001 reduces the duration of respiratory infections in the elderly in a randomised controlled trial." British journal of nutrition 103.01 (2010): 58-68.
- Pedone, C. A., et al. "Multicentric study of the effect of milk fermented by Lactobacillus casei on the incidence of diarrhoea." International journal of clinical practice 54.9 (2000): 568-571.
- Sýkora, Josef, et al. "Effects of a specially designed fermented milk product containing probiotic Lactobacillus casei DN-114 001 and the eradication of H. pylori in children: a prospective randomized double-blind study." Journal of clinical gastroenterology 39.8 (2005): 692-698.